Thursday, July 8, 2010

In Search of the Perfect Water Bottle

My girls play outside a lot at school (daycare).  This summer the daycare requested we send water bottles labeled with their name daily.  The school has water fountains inside, so I imagine before they would go in for drinks or get them once they came back inside.  Now they take water bottles and keep them outside in little buckets of ice. 

I was sending in regular plastic water bottles that I bought in bulk.  I thought there had to be a better way.  My little one can't get a screw top cap off on her own and I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle either.  So I set out looking for the perfect water bottle.  I ended up in Walmart and found these cute water bottles below:







I knew the girls would like them because of the characters.  They are stainless steel and BPA free.  They are easy to clean.  The top pops open and there is a straw to sip from inside, so they also won't spill.  I've been sending them to school for a little over a week now and I love them.  Sometimes when they come home they still have ice in them.  I wasn't sure if it was the ice I put in before school in the morning or if the teachers were replacing it. 

I picked the kids up from school the other day and Bugs' Thermos had just been refilled.  It had ice and water inside.  We ran some errands before heading home.  We were home for a while when Bugs asked me where her water bottle was.  Oops.  We left it in the car.  I went out to get it for her.

Here in the Philadelphia area, the temperatures have been over 100 degrees the last few days.  The heat and steam that hits you in the face when you open a car door that has been closed up tight for any length of time is pretty gross.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the car, grabbed her water bottle and ice rattled inside.  It had been in the car in that heat for over 3 hours.  I could not believe it had ice.  I went to the sink to clean it out and yup, icy cold water and ice cubes!

For any moms out there looking for a great reusable water bottle for your kids, I highly recommend this one!

**This was not a paid review.  I received nothing from Thermos.  I just really liked this product and wanted to share my find.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm here from the Click Carnival. Pleased to meet you! I hope you will take time to visit my blog and enter to win some of the many giveaways happening now. You might win a gorgeous Stella & Dot necklace!

    Happy Clicking!
    Deborah
    Homemaker Honey
    homemakerhoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had those thermos brand cups too. I did like them, but the tops broke off very soon after buying them. Hopefully, they changed that part b/c they were good cups!

    ReplyDelete